[ExI] ok this explains it

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun May 1 13:30:45 UTC 2022

…> On Behalf Of Rafal Smigrodzki via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] ok this explains it

On Sat, Apr 30, 2022 at 4:46 PM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

There have to be content moderators.  How else could they stop posts that the algorithms can't figure out?

### No, there is no need for company-employed content moderators. If somebody wishes not to be exposed to some type of content, he can ask other people to filter available content for him. For example, Twitter could give users the option to see only posts from users they follow. …Rafal

Hey cool idea!  Twitter could make a slider bar where the user sets the desired filtering level.  There aughta be plenty of money available for Twitter to put some code jockeys on that task after the human moderators are no longer needed.

The user would find their comfort zone on two-axis political map, perhaps identify coordinates, then set a tolerance radius for ideas, or sketch the boundaries of their safe space.  Then the software would filter away anything too dangerous for them to be exposed to!  Rafal, this is brilliant as hell me lad.  We could keep people safe online make a buttload of money doing it.