[ExI] The irony of funding and non-funding transhumanism

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Wed May 4 20:40:13 UTC 2022

On Wed, May 4, 2022 at 1:26 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> Any time I had ideas like that, I would call a DARPA rep.  I would offer
> one, but the guy I worked with is long since retired.

All the contacts we make with people who knew people at DARPA, all their
contacts have since retired.  No one seems to know how, or be able, to make
new contacts at DARPA - at least outside of specific efforts that they
announce, and then only for those specific efforts, as opposed to
out-of-band/unsolicited things like this.  Which means they have to think
of it (without us telling them) before they'll fund it.