[ExI] local warming

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat May 7 14:16:25 UTC 2022

On Fri, 6 May 2022 at 20:53, William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat

> Next week it is predicted that every day will be hot - mid 90s.  Setting records.
> But this is May, not July or August!  I wonder what the summer will bring.  bill w

In India and Pakistan the midsummer heat has arrived two months early.
It reached almost 50 C (122 F). This heat is destroying crops and
means people can only work during the cooler nighttime hours.
“The hottest temperatures recorded are south-east and south-west of
Ahmedabad, with maximum land-surface temperatures of around 65C
(149F),” the European Space Agency said on its website.
<https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/may/02/pakistan-india-heatwaves-water-electricity-shortages>

BillK