[ExI] Federal Fiscal Shortfall Nears $1 Million Per Household

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue May 10 14:22:30 UTC 2022

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of BillK via extropy-chat
Subject: [ExI] Federal Fiscal Shortfall Nears $1 Million Per Household

The U.S. Treasury has published a major report revealing that the federal government has amassed $124.1 trillion in debts, liabilities, and unfunded obligations.
By James D. Agresti      May 5, 2022

https://www.justfactsdaily.com/federal-fiscal-shortfall-nears-1-million-per-household
Quotes:
Although the report discloses information of crucial import to the citizens of the United States, Google News indicates that no major media outlet has informed anyone about it since it was released on February 17, 2022.

>...Don't worry!   Limits don't exist for us!   Yee-Ha!

BillK

BillK have been told the US Government cannot go bankrupt.  Reasoning: it never has in the past.

Somehow, I fail to find that reassuring.  At least since the mid 90s, it has been very clear to me the fed has been running up debts it can only deal with through massive inflation.  That might explain the popularity of BitCoin.