[ExI] Deepmind Gato - Another step towards AGI

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Tue May 17 18:46:42 UTC 2022

On Tue, May 17, 2022, 1:08 PM BillK via extropy-chat <

> Described as a “generalist agent”, DeepMind’s new Gato AI needs to
> just be scaled up in order to create an AI capable of rivalling human
> intelligence, Dr de Freitas said.

Yeah right, like an abacus just needs to be scaled up to model quantum
computing:  imagine this, but with millions more bars and discs that slide
not only back&forth but also front&third :p

We could totally do it any time we wanted, but we're running low on pixie
dust