[ExI] education

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun May 22 20:02:37 UTC 2022

…> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] education

>>…Asynchronous learning doesn’t pretend to produce equal outcomes for all.  It freely acknowledges that to do the most good for the most students, we just hafta do what Khan Academy does best: it lets the pigeons peck and the eagles soar.   spike

>…My question:  what is the role of the teacher?  Wandering around the classroom helping students with the page they are on?  An advanced student can do this - no grad work needed (for 1-12 grade applications).   I agree that learning at one's own rate is the ideal.  I just don't see how a teacher fits into this.   bill w

Billw, your question is exactly the reason why I was hoping you would respond to this thread: you bring  experience and insight to the table which is outside of my own and outside the usual paradigms found here.  Thanks for that.

Now to answer your question: I don’t know.

Lets see what the others come up with.