[ExI] Truth has a liberal bias [elon on twitter]

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Nov 3 21:35:42 UTC 2022

…> On Behalf Of Gadersd via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] Truth has a liberal bias [elon on twitter]

>…Perhaps I’m mistaken, but isn’t political discussion banned on this email list? Gadersd

No, Gadersd but thanks for asking.  Such posts were never banned and are allowed now.  To have a viable list, we must respect each other and treat each other the way one might at an in-person party, with social grace and constraint.  No topic is banned.

We had a lot of animosity in the past leading to flame wars, the worst of which happened while I was on a two week camping trip away from the internet along the Ohanapecosh River, which is why I decided to hand off the ExI moderation to another…eh… life form… which is now not identified, even by species or home planet.

That experiment was a success: I noticed that no one specifically criticizes ExiMod and everyone here treats others with respect, since one never knows if one is attacking ExiMod ExiModself.  (Note: ExiMod’s pronouns are ExiMod and ExiMod (sheesh how can one resist the temptation to ridicule the whole pronoun silliness?  (I struggle and fail on that one.)))

If one feels some political post is relevant, go ahead.  Do refrain from personal attack for that is not welcome here.  Note that the Extropian Institute was founded in politics in a sense: it was the libertarian wing of the transhumanist movement.  That’s what attracted me here 28 years ago.