[ExI] WOWsers

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Nov 13 22:06:50 UTC 2022

…> On Behalf Of sjatkins via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] WOWsers

>…Given this level of technology why can't I get a lifelike virtual video avatar that mimics my actual speech and expressions in real time?  I can get cartoon ones but I haven't seen more lifelike ones on offer… Samantha

Much to my surprise, audio mimicking is way more difficult than visuals.  In the Elvis video, they used The King’s visuals with an impersonator’s voice, which was easy enough to tell.  This guy is good but a voice like Elvis’ comes along only once in a generation.

We could do tricks like get the software to present a younger version of ourselves while doing the voice ourselves.  That might be cool.

spike