[ExI] power law model of BTC

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 22:27:39 UTC 2022

The recent events of FTX have almost nothing to do with BTC.
I heard about BTC in 2010 for the first time in this list. I bought my
first BTC in 2012 because of this list.
I believe a list member created or was a main force behind BTC creation.
I have written about mathematical models of BTC that predict a steady
growth of BTC (with oscillations around the general trend) that will
eventually bring the value of BTC to 1M. Here an early post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/9cqi0k/bitcoin_power_law_over_10_year_period_all_the_way/
Here is a live chart based on my model.

https://buybitcoinworldwide.com/stats/long-term-power-law/

The power law is evident in a log-log plot (it shows as a straight line in
a log-log chart). I have studied many other assets and only gold and silver
follow long term power laws in time.
The temporary bubbles and downtrends are not what is important but the
general trend that is very predictable.
Giovanni