[ExI] power law model of BTC

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Nov 17 02:24:47 UTC 2022

…> On Behalf Of Gordon Swobe via extropy-chat
Sent: Wednesday, 16 November, 2022 5:00 PM

I believe a list member created or was a main force behind BTC creation.

>…Hal Finney was on this list in those days, as I recall.

He sure was Gordon.  When Prime95 started and we were getting a new Mersenne prime every coupla years, Hal was intrigued by the notion I think I introduced him to: discovering a Mersenne prime, then selling the number to someone who wants to be a record holder in the math world for all time.  We started a subgroup in the late 90s where he was the man who knew too much.  If there is any such thing as knowing too much, Hal was the man.

Such a pleasant gentleman too, he never let it go to his head.  If I had half the brains Hal had, I would jump at every opportunity to act like a bigshot, and it wouldn’t even be an act.  It would be just telling the truth: I would be an actual bigshot.  Hal had twice that much brain, and just wasted, WASTED all those perfectly good opportunities to act like a bigshot.  Hal wasted all that on kindness and humility!  Harumph.

I really miss that man.