[ExI] lotta splainin to do

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Nov 20 14:45:50 UTC 2022

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Giovanni Santostasi via extropy-chat

Subject: Re: [ExI] lotta splainin to do

You can google BTC credit card, there are many hits. Here is one for example:
https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/business/issuers/grow-your-business/crypto/card-program.html?cmp=2022.q2.us.nam.all.brand.ser.na.ccp.386901.sep.txt.googles

Cool thx Giovanni.  This is extremely almost what I was thinking.  This one comment makes me a little less than full sure:

But remember that the crypto cards still function as normal credit cards, so the balances need to be paid off each month or else you’ll have to pay interest or late fees. While you’ll usually buy things and pay off your card in US dollars,  <https://nypost.com/2021/03/29/visa-allows-paying-off-credit-card-bill-with-cryptocurrency/> some cards allow you to make purchases (and pay off your card) with cryptocurrency that’s in your associated account.

The credit card company  in those cases hold your account with your cryptocurrency keys in there?  That’s what I don’t quite get.  One big advantage of cryptocurrency is that it isn’t clear if a person owns it.  The US tax forms are now asking if a prole owns any, but it isn’t clear to me one is legally obligated to answer that question.  That probably depends on which legal system one is under, which is determined in the USA by which political party one supports.