[ExI] lotta splainin to do

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 02:25:04 UTC 2022

On Mon, Nov 21, 2022 at 5:22 PM Gadersd via extropy-chat <

> Can blockchain technology or future technologies inspired by blockchain be
> used to run entire decentralized governments? I dream of a decentralized
> government system that is fairer and less corrupt than contemporary
> governments.

Wouldn't a decentralized government be more likely to be corrupt than
contemporary governments?

Think about how corruption happens.  Think about how these factors are
freer to act without oversight, monitoring or corrections.  Is there a
practical way to add that oversight - which requires a trusted, and
therefore probably centralized (whether or not it is an AI), entity doing
the oversight - without effectively making the government centralized
(regardless of whether the government acknowledges its centralization)?