[ExI] fallout and female pop artists:: was: RE: lotta splainin to do

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 19:49:17 UTC 2022

I don't think I will be re-reading the Ridley book and will be sending it
to you along with other one I promised - if you want it.

How do you even know Swift if you don't have a TV?  And does not having one
deprive Isaac of learning about the contemporary culture?

Swift - it's not only the pretty face, it's the expressions she makes.  If
in some other universe she pointed a finger at me, I'd go along meekly
without question.  Women never did know the power they had over me if they
had been more open about their attraction to me.  In one case I would
certainly have married her if she had been open about it.

One can be too conservative in letting new products go to market. Over the
centuries those hidebound people have been responsible for millions of
deaths and much suffering, and it's still going on.  Yeah, it's about power
and money - what isn't at a national level?

The Renaissance did great things reducing the power of the church.  If
Jesus had come along seven hundred years ago he would have done much more
than throw out the moneychangers.  More needs doing.

I have not thought about it enough to form an opinion, but Ridley makes a
good case for changing the patent laws, which he says stifles innovation
and invention.  Ditto for intellectual property in general.

But what happens to the poor writer, composer, who loses control over his
creations as soon as he publishes them?  Are we not ripping them off?  My
college students did not care about the artists when Napster was ripping
off the song composers.  I called it theft and they just shrugged.

bill w

On Wed, Nov 23, 2022 at 10:38 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <