[ExI] chinese fires, was:RE: book review

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Nov 30 23:49:56 UTC 2022

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Stathis Papaioannou via extropy-chat

>>…From his point of view, if the government says do something, you damn well do it.  He continues to be amazed by me and his own American-born son who go off asking if the order is legal…

>…If you disagree with what the Court says is legal, that’s just your bad luck… Stathis

Ja.  For my neighbor and plenty of other Asian imports, the government is all one big scary thing.  There is no legislature, executive, judicial, no federal, state, county, local authority, none of that.  The government never questions itself.  Every level of government answers to the one above it, there is nothing analogous to state law overruling federal law (as we have in the USA.)

Our system is complicated and hard to explain to one from a country where there is a guy up top who commands guys below him who command on down, with the hapless citizenry at the bottom of the power structure and no way to escape or appeal.

That being said, the same neighbor noted that I appear to be friends with one of the local constables.  Well, ja, I am: he’s a hell of a good guy, and is our representative with the scout troop.  The local police department founded and sponsors our scout troop.  So that guy comes by a lot, to deliver or pick up applications or sometimes just to say hello if he is in the hood.  So I need to explain to my neighbor one can be friendly with the constables and suspicious of the feds at the same time, no logical contradiction at all.  Two very different things are these.

The federal cops, the FBI, was caught and convicted of falsifying evidence.  They never really did anything to the guy.  Of course that is going to arouse suspicion.  Now we know the FBI falsifies evidence.  The locals do not.