[ExI] fake news again was: ian came home

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Oct 1 22:22:51 UTC 2022

From: spike at rainier66.com <spike at rainier66.com>
Subject: RE: [ExI] fake news again was: ian came home

…> On Behalf Of Ben Zaiboc via extropy-chat
Subject: [ExI] fake news again was: ian came home

On 29/09/2022 19:25, Spike optimistically wrote:

>>…We catch the phony nonsense offered to us as news.

>…I don't know, Spike. If that was the case, people would also be getting wise to the phony nonsense that religion feeds them, and I don't see much evidence of that happening. …Ben

Ben do allow me to carry this a bit further please.  The other day I posted about the earliest known recorded rap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpUsQq4Kv90

These fellers are rapping about a children’s story.  OK now next time you hear a rapper has perished, go into google, enter that rapper’s name followed by the word “lyrics.”   Whatever comes up, read that.  OK now, compare to these four guys rapping about Noah building a boat.

Ben what do you conclude?  Me too: the modern rappers are hopelessly lost in drugs and murder.  But the old-timers were not.  Did an illusion save the old ones?  I dunno.  I am ready to say for some people who can tolerate a degree of cognitive dissonance, it works for them.  I cannot tolerate even a trace of cognitive dissonance, none.  So… I can’t go there with them, but I can share some of their values, and I do: the ones that work.  Some of their views do work.