[ExI] Americans can be put in jail for poking fun at the government? Really?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Oct 7 00:10:37 UTC 2022

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Darin Sunley via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] Americans can be put in jail for poking fun at the government? Really?

>…Our brains are convinced there are only 150-300 people in our tribe, and that that's the entire world. Dunbar's Number, dontcha know?

>…So when we hear 5-10 stories per year about police brutality and gross injustice, it's a pretty big percentage.

>…The clear solution is to nationalize and dissolve all national media companies…

Dissolving national media companies doesn’t change the demand, Darin.

News media companies are learning to specialize.  Currently in the USA, they are becoming specialized by political party.

Crime stories sell like hotcakes.  Any threatening anything sells bigtime.  The marketing people put it this way: sex sells, but death sells better.

sike