[ExI] book review

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 20:25:55 UTC 2022

'How the Scots Invented the Modern World'  Arthur Herman

Very interesting.  At times too much history detail and at times too much
philosophy detail.  I don't think he left any Scot out.  Or anyone married
to a Scot, or descended from a Scot, or was educated in Scotland............

Of course there is some exaggeration and some halo effects, but overall I
think he made a good case for his thesis.

trivia:  some executives traveled with a bagpiper- why don't we see that
anymore?  more trivia:  no Scot invented the tartan/clan association.
Englishman.  even more - whisky started as a peasant drink.

 william wallace