[ExI] the end is not nigh

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Oct 24 01:38:11 UTC 2022

I am feeling a sense of calm relief from the recent data.  Some inflation
models suggested the Big Rip could happen as soon as 22 billion years in the
future.  This has been bothering the hell outta me since the first time the
theory was published:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Rip

The convincing Brout et.al. analysis has now suggested not only that the Big
Rip is much farther away, it will not happen at all.

I will provide links when they appear in something other than the popular
press.  But I sure hope the Harvard team is right.  I don't want it all to
end that way.  The Big Rip is just too sad.  Now. smart people say it isn't
coming that soon, if at all.  Whew, such a relief.