[ExI] California 5.1 Earthquake 25 Oct

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 13:46:56 UTC 2022

On Tue, 25 Oct 2022 at 23:13, spike jones via extropy-chat

> >...This is cool however, for now I will get that Berkeley app, see if it
> really can give me even a few seconds notice...spike
>
> spike

Wired has an article out now about Shake Alert and the MyShake app,
explaining how it all works.

<https://www.wired.com/story/google-android-earthquake-alert-california/>
Quote:
Tuesday’s Android alert was powered by data from ShakeAlert, which
detects when an earthquake begins on the West Coast and provides the
information to state government agencies and third parties. And Google
has taken steps to make that information more readily available in
those precious seconds.