[ExI] elon on twitter

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 16:20:19 UTC 2022

> If software can drive a car, is there any reason to think it can’t
moderate content?

Recognizing what words mean is a different sort of task, and rather more
difficult, than recognizing safe physical conditions on the road.  In
theory it could someday be done effectively, but not without a lot more
work than has gone into Tesla - and once it was, we would be much closer to
"true" AI.

> That has nothing to do with politics.

The political angle is, as has been famously put, "Reality has a liberal
bias."  Or to put it more accurately, many so-called "conservative"
politicians rely on outright lies, far more on average than so-called
"liberal" politicians these days, to the point that anything enforcing
truth in politics is going to be seen as having an
anti-conservative-politician bias.  Twitter's moderation tries to veer
toward verified truth.

On Fri, Oct 28, 2022 at 6:32 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <