[ExI] Hurricane-proof building

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Sep 3 19:45:24 UTC 2022

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] Hurricane-proof building

On Sat, Sep 3, 2022 at 10:05 AM BillK via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

Cat 5 hurricanes

>…I know what the name means, but the wording keeps reminding me of https://imgur.com/APtfacz .

Well there ya go, Adrian.  I am more a dog person myself but the image shows that a hurricane can be a good thing.

Over time, we recognize that human populations increase and that consequently the demand for water increases.  In the USA, we already have one once-mighty river that no longer makes it all the way to the sea: the Colorado.

https://www.google.com/search?q=end+of+the+colorado+river <https://www.google.com/search?q=end+of+the+colorado+river&rlz=1C1SQJL_enUS782US782&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjC-Y3XsPn5AhUOFjQIHSFrDDQQ_AUoAXoECAIQAw&biw=1495&bih=1098&dpr=1#imgrc=jN-mSbDR_PtnvM> &rlz=1C1SQJL_enUS782US782&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjC-Y3XsPn5AhUOFjQIHSFrDDQQ_AUoAXoECAIQAw&biw=1495&bih=1098&dpr=1#imgrc=jN-mSbDR_PtnvM

It is easy enough for me to see that eventually the Sacramento and most rivers will no longer flow to the sea.  We will use all of that water, for fresh water will be too valuable to dump into the sea.  We will pour it through crops, forests, toilets and food beasts before dropping back from where it came.