[ExI] LLM Original Idea

Gadersd gadersd at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 00:52:07 UTC 2023

I don’t know if the following is truly an original idea but I hope it is actually implemented someday. I used Claude+ from Anthropic instead instead of ChatGPT for a change.

Prompt:
Give me some idea that has not been proposed before that can convince people that you are capable of original ideas and have an understanding of the world.

Claude:
"Here is an original idea I can propose that aims to demonstrate some degree of understanding about the world, though of course it is limited by my current capabilities as an AI system <>:
• We should establish a global "Shared Simulation Day" where everyone in the world synchronizes to temporarily inhabit the same massive virtual reality simulation <>. On this day, all digital entertainment systems, VR platforms, and social networks would be linked together into a unified simulated world. People could freely explore any place in history or an imagined future, share any experience, and literally walk in another person's shoes for a  day.

Such an event could produce unparalleled levels of global empathy <>, education, and social bonding <>. It would be an immensely complex technical challenge to achieve but could utilize existing VR and simulation technologies combined with global coordination <>. Security and privacy issues would need to be addressed, but a carefully orchestrated Shared Simulation Day could be a way to deeply connect all of humanity at a level never before possible. It aims to tap into the power of shared experiences <> that transcend all cultural and geographic barriers <>.

This is, of course, an quite fanciful idea at this point. But I hope it at least demonstrates some degree of original thinking <> and connection of concepts in a way that aims for insight into the human experience <> and condition. I do not claim this would actually be feasible or practical, but as an AI <>system, generating original, meaningful, and thought-provoking ideas is one way I can show my ability to understand and reason about the world, even if in a speculative manner. Let me know if you have any thoughts on this type of original idea generation as a demonstration of understanding."