[ExI] AI enhancing / replacing human abilities

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 20:25:43 UTC 2023

On Tue, Apr 4, 2023 at 11:02 AM Gadersd via extropy-chat <

> Is that not what "friendly" AI is supposed to  be?
>

> My point is that we should not worry so much about the scenario that AI
> chooses, for its own reasons, to end humanity. Rather, we should worry
> about what humans will do to other humans by extending their power with AI.
>
> The belief that AI will become “evil” and destroy humanity is placing the
> risk in the wrong place in my opinion. I am personally much more worried
> about humans armed with AI.

Part of my point is to wonder how much of the efforts to keep AI from
becoming "evil" will have the likely and predictable result - despite this
probably not being the publicly declared intention of those proposing it -
of making AI easier to use for malicious purposes.