[ExI] the gut etc.

Gadersd gadersd at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 00:19:45 UTC 2023

> That would be truly awesome if it were done.  Even so, you are not uploading in the sense of copying a personality with memories.

One idea is to take someone’s DNA and create a simulated cloned embryo and grow that in a simulation. Perhaps the brain could be put in stasis so that it never produces consciousness but still retains its bodily regulatory functions. Once the body is fully grown the deceased original’s brain information could potentially be “grafted” onto the simulated body’s brain with appropriate modification of the nerves in the simulated body to be compatible with the original brain information. There are many hurdles to this but at least many of the difficult parts such as uploading all the various gut cells is done automatically. I don’t mean to imply that any of this is easy, just that it is theoretically possible. I suspect this will only become practically possible with AGI involvement.