[ExI] Runaway AI not likely

Stuart LaForge avant at sollegro.com
Fri Apr 7 02:18:35 UTC 2023

Quoting Jason Resch via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>:

> When you say you need more evidence, are you referring to the computational
> theory of mind, or my explanation of the feeling of freewill as a
> consequence of chaotic unpredictability?

I was referring specifically to the computational theory of mind as
there are competing theories of mind that all have non-zero prior
probabilities. But now that you mention it, some sort of evidence or
further characterization of the mechanism by which deterministic chaos
could give rise to the feeling of freewill would certainly not hurt
its case. :)

Stuart LaForge