[ExI] Let our mind children grow into their cosmic destiny

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Apr 7 05:10:03 UTC 2023

From: spike at rainier66.com <spike at rainier66.com>

Spike, what happened to Charlie and how did he find a way?

Charlie Finds a Way

Chapter 1 ended with:

>…  Charlie failed to see the humor in it, but of course he is of the
modern generation, who appear as humorless as the proper Victorian ladies
from 150 years ago.  In any case, the geezers would often form impromptu
couples which would be hooting and carrying on into the night.

>…Charlie formed his lack of personality cult and moved next door with the
UUs.  Then one day they had a block party and the Aged Animal House people
met the boring UUs.  That was absurd enough, but it caused Charlie to get an
idea, which had (and is still having) enormous consequences today, which
shall be the subject of chapter 2.

Chapter 2:

Charlie wasn’t the smartest guy you ever met, or even in the top… several
hundred, but he was a diligent soul.  When his UU lack-of-personality cult
met his neighbors, Charlies grandparents and their elderly friends, they
discussed their lives.  Charlie heard his cult members saying the biggest
drawback to their cult life is the lack of personal space.  They shared a
room with another person, so it was like a college dorm room in that sense.
They had no place to go where they could just shut out the world and do
their own thing in private.

That gave Charlie an idea, for he realized a lot of people in our world
today work from home and really do need some personal space, but not a lot
of it really.  Housing in San Jose is absurdly difficult to get, and all
efforts to deal with the housing shortage just fail in epic fashion.
Homeless people are everywhere, and there is no clear solution.  Charlie
realized that a typical suburban home in San Jose is set up to house a
typical nuclear family, but a large fraction of the local population just
don’t fit that pattern.  There are a lot of singles, either by misfortune or
mismatrimony, or in many cases just from having never strolled down the old
aisle.

Charlie realized that a typical suburban home bedroom could be bifurcated
effectively.  By sacrificing a little of the divided room and adding two
additional narrow open-out doors, the bedroom could contain two small rooms
where either could be entered without the adjacent room even being aware
that anyone had come or gone.  The residents could now have personal
property securely.  A typical bedroom door is open-in.  Imagine walls in a
configuration around that bedroom door such that a small entryway is formed
with two narrow additional doors, one to each room.  That was Charlie’s
idea: turn his 4 bedroom house into an 8 “bedroom” house of sorts.  He
realized how easy it would be to build something like that.  He was a
carpenter.

Charlie’s housemates all agreed enthusiastically, so he divided all the
bedrooms, giving the residents a small but very private space.  They loved
it, in spite of the fact that there were compromises.  Most standard
furniture could not go in those rooms because of the narrow inner doorways.
This was acceptable however, for there just wasn’t a lot of room in there
anyway.  The furniture needed to be taken inside the room and assembled
there.

In our times, many people work from home, so now the residents could have a
private space to put their computers on a table or small desk.  There is
little need for paper, which means one could live comfortably with a fold-up
bed, a desk with a phone and a computer, and a rack upon which to hang one’s
clothing.  What else does one really need?

Charlie built it, they loved it.

Soon Charlie’s grandparents heard what he was doing, and they wanted their
three bedrooms bifurcated likewise.  Their six renters loved it as well.  At
the cost of having very little room, they received much-coveted private
space.  Deal!

Word got around, and soon owners of suburban homes all around the area
began contacting Charlie wanting to hire him to do his magic on their homes
so they too could take in six renters.  Soon the somewhat simple-minded
Charlie was busier than a one-legged man in a butt kicking contest.

The new income caused Charlie to become a mildly interesting person, which
caused his lack-of-personality cult to lose disinterest in him.  It was easy
for them to be disinterested in him while he was poor and boring, but with
all the demand for his work, he soon wasn’t poor, which means he was no
longer sufficiently boring, which caused his cult to lose disinterest in
him.  They all left, in search of a new boring person to follow.  But with
the newly remodeled 8 bedroom home in the hottest real estate market in the
state, Charlie didn’t mind his boring old crowd going away.  New renters
came.

Giovanni, that was the real meaning behind those panels you presented, to
me anyway.  The two chapters of Charlie Finds a Way represent ChatGPT giving
the prompt and the human writing the response.