[ExI] GPT-4 on its inability to solve the symbol grounding problem

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 20:26:58 UTC 2023

I completely agree.
Unlike conscious beings, who can experience a redness color quality, and
thereby know what the word "redness" means, no abstract bot can know the
definition of the word redness.
They can abstractly represent all that, identical to black and white Marry,
but they can't know what redness is like.
And all intelligent chat bots clearly model this very accurate factual
knowledge.

On Fri, Apr 7, 2023 at 1:54 PM Gordon Swobe via extropy-chat <