[ExI] GPT-4 on its inability to solve the symbol grounding problem

Gordon Swobe gordon.swobe at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 23:25:18 UTC 2023

On Fri, Apr 7, 2023 at 1:44 PM Jason Resch via extropy-chat <

Does it exist in the "outside world"? Is the platonic realm in the outside
>> world?
>>

> I agree. I also side with the platonists. I believe the platonic realm
> contains and explains us. I write about the reasons for this here:
> https://alwaysasking.com/why-does-anything-exist/

Good to know. I'll read your essay when I get a chance, probably later
today.

> What do you really think is going on that makes humans special?

This kind of question always annoys me. I am not making any extraordinary
claims that humans are special. People who say software applications
running on digital computers are somehow alive and conscious like humans
are the ones making the extraordinary claims. The burden of proof is on
them.

-gts