[ExI] More mailing lists of this calibre?

efc at swisscows.email efc at swisscows.email
Sat Apr 8 20:34:48 UTC 2023

On Sat, 8 Apr 2023, Will Steinberg via extropy-chat wrote:

> Interested in your thoughts on religion.   Do you like psychedelics perchance?

Hello Will!

I find it quite fascinating and I do try to read about transpersonal
psychology and psychedelic therapy if something interesting comes up
across my journeys over the web.

I do believe that those experiences can be achieved without drugs, but
that it takes time and effort, and perhaps it also has an element of
inherent skill or inclination.

I also find it interesting that some people chase the experience all
their lives, and I get the feeling that they are after the experience
and not the end result, and thus get "hooked" on it.

Other people, go through the experience and come out transformed and
lead a fuller and richer life.

Still others, seem to show no need or desire for the types of
experiences produced by these drugs and procedures.

So is this something connected with individual genes and disposition, or
is it something universal, where the ones who are committed atheists and
dedicated their lives to humanism and helping others, are just missing
out?

I don't know.

But looking at some therapist "superstars" it seems that they develop a
therapy that corresponds with a deep need within themselves. Be it
spiritual, sexual, power oriented, or scientific/logical.

Well, there you have it. Some unordered rambling on that theme.

Best regards,
Daniel