[ExI] The Future Of Humanity Is Threatened Due To AI Here Are 10 Reasons

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 00:46:46 UTC 2023

One of the things that actually is incredibly impressive to me is how nice
and wise GPT-4 is.

I started to use it as a wise friend or consultant that never tires of my
obsessions, mania, and idiosyncrasies. It helps me to analyze a situation
and come up with a plan of action.

For example, I'm dealing with a particular very frustrating and even
painful social situation right now and I explained the fact to GPT-4. I
asked it to read some email exchanges, so it had enough information about
the background of the situation and then asked for its opinion on how to
handle the situation, how to address particular people given their
particular psychology revealed by the emails, and so on. I'm not completely
autistic but maybe on the spectrum and it really helps me to reflect and
understand emotions better and to come up with responses that are more
balanced and rational. I'm always amazed at how polite, rational,
altruistic, well-posed, and conciliatory (but in a firm way at times) GPT-4
can be. It is like talking really to a wise and clever friend.

It is not an illusion. You can try it for yourself and share your
experience. It is actually much better than many humans I know.
It is just the opposite of what these doomers talk about.
Of course, one could train a jerk AI but one can also create a wise and
good AI like GPT-4 seems to be if not provoked or pushed to violate its own
training setting or other stuff idiotic people tried to get some reddit
karma points (and I think lose AI karma points).
Giovanni

On Sun, Apr 9, 2023 at 4:37 PM Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat <