[ExI] list intimidation

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 03:57:31 UTC 2023

Learning about another culture, like looking up the alphabet sex stuff is
not faking. It is trying to understand the other. You may find it alien,
different from what you are, and so on. I would not even mind if the "fake"
in the US way to be was a form of culture. You can really stretch the word
and say it is a kind of culture but in the way that Doritos is a kind of
food.
It is a cheap way of being. Not sure where it came from. Maybe from people
coming from so many real cultures, cultures that took centuries to grow and
solidify and everybody had to fake it to be accepted or even understood.
The US is amazing for being a multicultural fest but and when you happen to
be in the area of a city with a large community that maintained something
of their original mother culture is a wonderful experience but then when
people interact or are completely assimilated they start to fake it.
It is sad like Italian Americans forgetting not just the Italian language
but cooking horrible imitations of the real thing.

On Wed, Apr 12, 2023 at 5:55 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <