[ExI] e: GPT-4 on its inability to solve the symbol grounding problem

Gordon Swobe gordon.swobe at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 03:00:40 UTC 2023

On Sat, Apr 15, 2023 at 3:04 AM Ben Zaiboc via extropy-chat <

> The *associations* of words are what contain, not just the seeds of, but
> their actual, meanings.

Please explain to me how the association of one word with another or others
tells me anything about the meaning of any if I know the meaning of none.

This should be obvious. Look at the word 'wicked' for example.

I can infer the meaning of wicked only if it associated with other words of
which I know the meaning.

-gts