[ExI] all we are is just llms was: RE: e: GPT-4 on its inability to solve the symbol grounding problem

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 12:27:42 UTC 2023

*But if you consider how to make such a table of all possible recordings of
actions by an intelligent mind, it requires putting the mind into every
possible situation at some time in the past. In this way, you aren't really
escaping consciousness, just interfacing with a consciousness that existed
long ago. Eliezer Yudkowski likened talking to a Blockhead brain to having
a cell phone conversation with a distant intelligent (and conscious)
mind.*Human
minds are in a sense all Blockhead because we don't react in real-time
anyway, there is always a delay between sensory input and decision-making.

On Fri, Apr 21, 2023 at 4:04 AM Jason Resch via extropy-chat <