[ExI] book

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 21:40:37 UTC 2023

Hey DAniel
Heinlein is the best (later novels with incest did not bother me).  I like
Asimov but he is so dry- not much color, not much emotional relationships.
Read all of Clark. Neuromancer and Snowcrash I read, but they are really
not my style.

Two favorites:  Bujold.  Kage Baker.  Oh, I read and have re-read all of
Orson Scott Card,  Some SCalzi, Vinge, Iain Banks, Andy Weir, CHarles
Stross (not the Laundry horror stuff), quite a few others of lesser
importance and interest. Like Ann Leckie.

I really need to read Borges. Maybe you read my post about Father Brown
mysteries - highly recommended.  Perhaps Nero Wolfe is my favorite
detective.

Fantasy you did not mention.  Terry Pratchett - comedic fantasy satire -
unequalled in my opinion.  Some people seem to miss the satire.

I am leaving out tons of books I had liked, but this is a start.
bill w

On Fri, Apr 21, 2023 at 2:58 PM efc--- via extropy-chat <