[ExI] a little essay on anger and respect

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Apr 25 04:25:28 UTC 2023

From: Giovanni Santostasi <gsantostasi at gmail.com>

>…As AI advances more and more we will see more people reacting in irrational ways toward the idea that machines can be conscious and may even demand rights or we should be worried about treating them as fully sentient beings. …Giovanni

Naturally I am going to imagine the marvelous mechanical engineering challenges.  We can use ChatGPT4 with a very convincing-looking avatar, but we can also imagine a K-2SO character powered by GPT-4.  From there of course it is an obvious goal to try to make them look humanoid.

All of that of course assumes the singularity doesn’t occur during this development effort.  This requires that one subscribe to the AIwontkillusall school of thought, which might be wrong.  Ours is a Brave New World.