[ExI] communication

Gadersd gadersd at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 16:42:07 UTC 2023

> The most bizarre thing about them is that they don't appear to have anything "objective" about them at all. But I know /I'm/ experiencing them. Your mileage may vary,

Yet we know that there is something objective that gives rise to them. Using the term “qualia” or “experience” so far has yielded nothing amenable to scientific or mathematical investigation and therefore no progress has been made. Without a rigorous definition I don’t think any progress can be made beyond frantic handwaving. Even worse, some of us are using different implicit definitions of consciousness. We might as well add “How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?” to the discussion and debate over the definitions of “angel” and “pin."