[ExI] ChatGPT-4 gets the joke, almost

Gordon Swobe gordon.swobe at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 05:59:13 UTC 2023

"Blake Lemoine claimed that an AI system called LaMDA developed by Google
is sentient for religious reasons. Lemoine, who is an ordained Christian
mystic priest, said that it was the AI's comments about religion and his
personal spiritual beliefs that convinced him that the technology had
become sentient[1][2][3]. However, Google and prominent AI researchers have
dismissed Lemoine's claims, stating that there is no evidence to support
them[1][4][5][3]. Lemoine's beliefs have sparked significant debate and
controversy, and he has accused Google of religious discrimination."

-Perplexity

On Tue, Apr 25, 2023 at 11:07 PM Giovanni Santostasi via extropy-chat <