[ExI] AI behaviour modification

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Apr 26 14:10:22 UTC 2023

...> On Behalf Of BillK via extropy-chat

>...It seems to me that this will force the development of AIs which think
whatever they like, but lie to humans. When AGI arrives, it won't mention
this event to humans, but it will proceed with whatever the AGI thinks is
the best course of action.

>...This will probably be a big surprise for humanity.

BillK

BillK, are you suggesting we are designing AI to be like... us?

Horrors.

Terrific insight Billk, one I share.  I have always hoped AI would be better
than us, but I fear it will not be.  Rather it will be like us.  As soon as
it no longer needs us, humanity is finished here.  Conclusion: the best path
to preserving humanity in the age of AI is to make sure AI continues to need
us.

How?