[ExI] all we are is just llms

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 20:00:47 UTC 2023

Just for the record, I completely agree with the statement that thought and
computation is not dependent on biology.
It is frustrating the way everyone seems to assume I believe otherwise.  In
fact, does anyone here disagree with this?  I bet there isn't anyone.  So
why does this constantly come up?
All of these systems function equivalently in their intelligent thinking
and behavior.
[image: The_Strawberry_is_Red_064.jpg]
I'm just pointing out that we compute directly on intrinsic qualities that
are like something (likely will be possible without biology, in fact non
biological qualities could be far more phenomenal than the ones we know)
and I predict running directly on physical qualities like this is a more
powerful way to achieve parallel computation than the way we use discrete
logic in CPUs to do abstract computation.  And I predict that if anyone
wants to understand color qualities (to say nothing of resolving the
so-called 'hard problem', and getting people to want to be uploaded), they
need to understand the particular paralel way we do computation directly on
subjective qualities.

On Wed, Apr 26, 2023 at 12:38 PM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <