[ExI] Symbol Grounding

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 20:34:53 UTC 2023

Hi Jason,
Oh, this seems to be a big part of our misunderstanding.
You said: "Physics gives no answer."
It would have been true, and more accurate, to have said:  Objective
observation of physics through our abstract senses, alone, "gives no
answers." (for the same reason you can't communicate to someone what
redness is like with only abstract symbols like text)
You are ignoring the fact that we also have subjective access to physics
(or maybe you think color qualities are non physical?).  The prediction is
that glutamate (or something) behaves the way it does, because of the
subjective quality we can directly experience in consciousness.  If
experimental physical science that includes subjective access to the same
demonstrates that it is glutamate = rednerss and glycine = greenness.  Then
things like this will be saying the same thing.

My redness/glutamate/behavior is the same as your
glycine/greenness/behavior, both of which we call red.

On Wed, Apr 26, 2023 at 12:04 PM Jason Resch via extropy-chat <