[ExI] another open letter, but this one may be smarter than the previous one

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 21:48:08 UTC 2023

And what if someone uses something like Gödel's incompleteness theorems to
prove that what they're looking for is impossible, or at least no more
possible than it is for human intelligences?

Indeed, do those theorems apply to AIs, to show that no computer program
(at least, one that is expressed in the same low level language - high
level language irrelevant since they get compiled to the same low level
language - as the same sort of computer the AIs themselves run on, so it
can run on the same sort of computer) can ever formally prove all the
qualities and consequences of these AIs?

On Thu, Apr 27, 2023, 1:36 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <