[ExI] [Extropolis] Who is younger than 40? 30? 20?

efc at swisscows.email efc at swisscows.email
Mon Dec 4 12:03:48 UTC 2023

Hello Giulio,

I'm right at the upper limit. I don't like to attach labels to myself, but
if pressed, I might (depending on the company and how much I enjoy
provoking the people present) call myself capitalist, libertarian,
republican, anarcho-capitalist, human, philosopher or freethinker. ;)

Jokes aside, my passion is individual freedom and autonomy and I believe
science and technology is an immense help in achieving that.

I order to make that happen on a small scale, some examples of what I do
are:

* I talk about it with people in the hope of inspiring someone.
* I've worked in the technology business all my life thus indirectly
contributing to research and development.
* I teach people about computers/linux/devops etc.
* Rarely, from time to time, I've managed to get an article into my
national newspaper.
* I engage in tax planning to withdraw money from a system I do not
believe in and redirect it into projects I do believe in.
* I host a technology meetup since 8 years back.

Best regards,
Daniel