[ExI] Islands of trans-humanity

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 18:50:24 UTC 2023

On Wed, Dec 13, 2023 at 10:08 AM Kelly Anderson via extropy-chat

> Detailed spectral analysis of the star's light could reveal
> differences between a Dyson cloud and dust. A Dyson cloud

I tend to think of them as patches with enough structure to keep the
whole thing connected.

>would likely
> show some signs of energy conversion, such as excess waste heat, which
> might manifest as an infrared signature.

>From my work on power satellites, I sort of doubt it.  It is possible
and advantageous to radiate waste heat at right angles to the local
ecliptic

?Dust clouds would not produce
> such heat signatures. Has such an analysis been done?? I would guess
> so, but I don't know the answer.

I think the object has been measured and the temperature turned out to be 65 K.
I suspect this is optimal for computation.

Keith