[ExI] Study shows it might never be too late to live longer by dieting

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 19:17:59 UTC 2023

Study shows it might never be too late to live longer by dieting
Cutting calories might not be much fun, but it just might be a way to
extend your lifespan at any age
By Michael Franco      December 13, 2023

<https://newatlas.com/health-wellbeing/live-longer-calorie-restriction/>
Quotes:
Scientists fed fruit flies a diet to make them extra plump. In their
old age, the researchers put them on a diet and found remarkable
results. If the findings transfer to humans, it might mean we can
improve our health at any age by cutting calories.

“The remarkable finding of this study is that even after living a
significant portion of their lives on a high calorie diet, flies can
gain the benefits of life span extension by simply switching to a low
calorie diet,” said UConn School of Medicine Genetics and Genome
Sciences Chair Brent Graveley.