[ExI] pfizer on directed evolution

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Feb 2 19:32:00 UTC 2023

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Will Steinberg via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] pfizer on directed evolution

>…He was a consultant, as he noted in the video even and as can be seen in archived posts that direct to his LinkedIn page.  I would very much believe that pharma companies outsource their most unethical experiments… Will

OK, I couldn’t find any LinkIn page or any digital footprint.  I concluded he was fake or an assistant cage cleaner or something.  He already told us he was a liar, so I assumed he was a nobody, posing as a director, to get laid.  What is he, about 30?  Does Pfizer make directors out of 30 year old children?

But your last comment is most disturbing.  This entire horrifying nightmare  seems ever more likely an unethical experiment outsourced by US pharma companies or the CDC to China, where it is legal, and more dangerous.  As that has become a more prominent and plausible theory on the origin of covid-19, I see plenty of Twitter posts relating how casually life is treated in China, as well as other tales of horror, such as reprehensible disregard for worker safety.

Regarding that directed evolution business again: if a private citizen had a bat cave or a basement full of bat cages and an ordinary lab centrifuge, she could direct evolution towards a more benign strain of corona virus, just be repeatedly selecting the least-impacted bats and reinfecting the others with plasma from that guy.  If she could breed a strain that is nearly harmless, and that strain would confer immunity from its more deadly cousins, then that would be a good thing, ja?  Of course she risks unleashing a planet killer, but mad scientists do things like that.

In principle, what has happened in the past 3 years is that we have all been given a very expensive education in virology.  Hell even I, a space case, now think that I could theoretically perform directed evolution (don’t worry, I won’t.)  That line of reason will surely occur to anyone with the means to have her own bat cave, which includes plenty of people.  Hell I even have one, if I include property far away from where I live.

spike