[ExI] A guide to (not) understanding quantum mechanics

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 14:20:39 UTC 2023

A guide to (not) understanding quantum mechanics
How can we come to grips with a theory that doesn’t explain how anything works?
Paul Sutter - 2/13/2023

<https://arstechnica.com/science/2023/02/a-guide-to-not-understanding-quantum-mechanics/>

Quotes:
Ultimately, all the interpretations have their strengths and
weaknesses. All of them attempt to explain the weirdness of the
subatomic world, but all of them have aspects you either have to gloss
over or hope that some future physicist can untangle.

What does quantum mechanics teach us about subatomic reality? Given
our current state of knowledge, it’s up to you to choose which
interpretation you prefer. No matter what, the supreme lesson remains:
Quantum mechanics just doesn’t seem to make sense.

I've seen Paul Sutter in a few science videos. He explains stuff with
a bit of humour thrown in to make learning more fun.

BillK