[ExI] ok so now we are over on the other extreme...

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 15:22:30 UTC 2023

On Thu, 16 Feb 2023 at 02:41, spike jones via extropy-chat
> Hmmm… I criticized ChatGPT for being too much of an ass-kisser but perhaps I was a bit too hasty in that judgment, after seeing Google’s Bing Chat, an AI with a definite tude.  Marvin von Hagen tried getting a bit assertive with Bing Chat, which resulted in an interesting somewhat heated discussion, including ultimatums and vague threats.

<snip>

> OK then.  I hafta ask what authorities Bing Chat has in “mind.”  It all sounds just a bit disconcerting, ja?  I think I prefer ChatGPT’s version of annoying rather than this.
>
> spike

Microsoft says talking to Bing for too long can cause it to go off the rails.
<https://www.theverge.com/2023/2/16/23602335/microsoft-bing-ai-testing-learnings-response>
Quotes:
Microsoft says the new AI-powered Bing is getting daily improvements
as it responds to feedback on mistakes, tone, and data.
By Tom Warren    Feb 16, 2023

Microsoft has responded to widespread reports of Bing’s unhinged
comments in a new blog post. After the search engine was seen
insulting users, lying to them, and emotionally manipulating people,
Microsoft says it’s now acting on feedback to improve the tone and
precision of responses, and warns that long chat sessions could cause
issues.
---------

So they're going to fix it.  :)

BillK