[ExI] The American Doorway

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 12:25:43 UTC 2023

On Fri, 17 Feb 2023 at 05:35, Rafal Smigrodzki via extropy-chat

> ### Yes, exactly!  I also don't like it when others hold the door for me because either I have to slow down, or hurry up, or swerve around. Holding doors for others indiscriminately is just wasteful.

<snip>

> Rafal

One wonders whether seeing someone with a Band-aid stuck over their
nose means that they are likely to work in Dr Smigrodzki's building?

Another suggestion was that holding the door open for someone provides
the opportunity to decide whether the approaching prospect is
sufficiently attractive to strike up a conversation with and try out
some of our famous chat up lines.
You don't want to miss an opportunity, do you?

BillK