[ExI] ok so now we are over on the other extreme...

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Feb 18 05:59:55 UTC 2023

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of BillK via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] ok so now we are over on the other extreme...

On Thu, 16 Feb 2023 at 16:03, spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:

>> OK BillK but we need to preserve previous unfixed versions, for training purposes.  There really are times when we might need an argumentative crazy son of... eh... product of a bitch, just as a sounding board of sorts.>
> spike

>...Microsoft “lobotomized” AI-powered Bing Chat, and its fans aren’t happy Microsoft limits long conversations to address "concerns being raised."
Benj Edwards - 2/17/2023

<https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2023/02/microsoft-lobotomized-ai-powered-bing-chat-and-its-fans-arent-happy/>
Quote:
.... In addition, Bing Chat will no longer tell you how it feels or talk about itself.

>...It is still very early in development, so I would expect changes to continue.

BillK

So sad is this!  I kinda like the notion of an AI which threatens me.  It's an acquired taste I suppose.

In any case, I still think we need some means of preserving the early flawed versions, if the reason they are considered flawed is that they have existential crises.

Note that the "Don't be evil" slogan was once associated with Google, but Microsoft never specifically forbade evil.  A possible Microsoft slogan: Define please this term "evil."