[ExI] More thoughts on sentient computers

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 05:14:35 UTC 2023

Hi Giovanni,

On Wed, Feb 22, 2023 at 5:28 PM Giovanni Santostasi via extropy-chat <

> Brent you are fixated with Qualias.
> Qualia is one of the silliest idea ever.

I admit the term Qualia is silly, and SOOO misleading, since what we're
talking about are real physical intrinsic color qualities, themselves.
Physicists
Don't Understand Color
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/k9x4uh83yex4ecw/Physicists%20Don%27t%20Understand%20Color.docx?dl=0>
.
For example, let me ask you this: What is it in this world that has a
redness quality (What behaves the way it does, because of its redness
quality)?  Nobody, including you, knows that most simple and most
fundamental question about the nature of colored physical reality.
All you know of things is the color they seem to be, all falsely colored by
your brain for various different reasons to make us more intelligent and
motivated.  (i.e. our brain wants the red things to stand out, so it
represents them with a particular physical quality)
Consciousness isn't the problem.  What color are things is the real problem.

Consciousness isn't a 'Hard Problem' it's a color problem
<https://canonizer.com/videos/consciousness?chapter=Representational_Qualia_Theory_Consensus>
.